What do politicians say when the majority of opinion polls are against them?
Polls? We don’t watch polls
We are too busy to watch polls
Polls are not what matters
We care more about what “the people” think
(below quotes from Huffington Post)
During the White House daily press briefing on July 13…
Robert Gibbs was peppered with questions about why the president’s popularity numbers are in decline and his policy positions are so difficult to sell.
In a reply to CBS’s Chip Reid, little Bobby Gibbs had this to say…
“You know, in all honesty, Chip, there isn’t a website in the world that doesn’t have a new poll every day,” the press secretary replied. “And if you spent a lot of time sitting around worrying about polls rather than worrying about the people that you’re trying to help, I’m sure you’d get discouraged. But we’re way too busy to sit around looking at polls.”
What Gibbs was not asked about in any follow ups was: how much money has Obama spent on commissioning polls for his personal consumption?
HuffPo supplied the answer to that unasked question in the same article…
…behind the scenes the White House has poured plenty of money into conducting its own public opinion polls. Through June 9, 2010, the administration, via the Democratic National Committee, has spent at least $4.45 million on the services of seven different pollsters, according to records compiled by the Center for Responsive Politics. (The Huffington Post looked into only those expenditures that totaled more than $5,000.)
Ole Baracky-Poo is spending millions of Donated Dollars to discover what the other polls are telling him for free… that he is about as popular as ants at a picnic.
Well, folks… Take a look at the record-breaking numbers of Real Clear Politics’ compilation of polls:
I suspect the Obama War on Arizona is showing its effects in the polls.
That’s what happens when Obama believes he knows best, and doesn’t.
Additional Blogposts from VotingFemale:
- Sarah Palin’s new book cover just revealed
- breaking: no plea deal for Rangel; guess who is using race to protect Rangel’s job
- MSNBC interviews Gov Christie; that was their 1st socialist mistake
- When Leftist Daily Kos writer sees Global Warming hoax losing ground…
- Racist Leftist Judge Susan Bolton sides with Obama Regime against America; Sovernity? You don’t need no stinkin’ Soverenty
- Kerry vs the Press (video)
- Obama ditches Boy Scouts’ 100 year anniv celibration in favor of fawning by The View’s starry-eyed women
- The Left’s failing meme: If you call out black racism, you are a racist; leftist goofiness reaches new heights
- CNN’s Kyra Phillips and John Roberts attack anonymous conservative bloggers; ever heard of Poor Richard’s Almanack?
- ACORN Whistle Blower Anita MonCrief to sue Obama for election fraud; involved JournoListas implicated in coverup
- Avowed Communist Van Jones lectures Leftists to leave poor ole Obama alone
- Senator John Kerry (D-MA) Swiftboat Dodges $475,000 in taxes
Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion: They’re Losing It and Arizona Law Upheld In Part – Order and Analysis Here (Update: Strikes Most Key Provisions) and Helplessness and Anarchy and The Good News – 48% of Nevadans Still Strongly Dislike Harry Reid
Dick Morris: RACIAL POLITICS BLOWS UP IN OBAMA’S FACE and and KAGAN PROMOTED SHARIAH and REFORM STATE PENSIONS NOW and REFORM STATE PENSIONS NOW and DEMS DESERT OBAMA and THE END OF THE POST RACIAL PRESIDENCY and PROGRESS REPORT: WINNING THE SENATE and OBAMA DIGS A DEEPER HOLE and THE END OF BRITAIN AS WE KNOW IT and THE LEFT WING SPIRAL TRAP and ECONOMIC NUMBERS HURTING OBAMA and OBAMA’S IMMIGRATION HYPOCRISY
Riehl World View: More Democrat Tea Party Fail
American Thinker: The Left and Its Talking Points
The Daily Caller: Obama talks race, pop culture on ‘The View’
Frugal Café: ‘14 Weeks’ & Military Absentee Voting When Deployed to War Zones Is Now Jeopardized by Team Obama’s DOJ (video) and Rancher Krentz’ Widow Speaks Out on Her Husband’s Murder & Illegal Immigration… Left-wing Media Bias Against Arizona, 10-to-1 Slant Pro-Illegal Aliens (video) and AZ Illegal Immigration Law Goes Into Effect Tomorrow: Judge Redlines Portions of SB 1070, Pro-Illegal Alien Protesters Swarm AZ, Arpaio’s Ready (video)
LisaInTX: Professors and Pharisees in Modern Culture and Raindrops falling on your head? Be Careful, they could belong to the Federal Government soon. and Obama Deception Censored: Infowarriors fight back!
OhioBelle: White In America