Socialism’s multi-front attack on American Prosperity never sleeps.
What behind-the-scenes deals are going on between Obama & Co and the RINO Senator Bob Corker (R-TN)???
This Judas Priest Asshat is conspiring with Senator Chris Dodd (D-CT), of all the corrupt Socialists in the Senate, to pass a $4 trillion dollar slush fund and oppressive Socialist regulations designed to allow the government the means to own the entire wealth of the country, the Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act H.R. 4173, a Barney Frank gift to America.
The government does not have $4 trillion dollars to pay for this, as if that matters to anyone in congress except Congressman Bunning.
In case you do not have time to read Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act H.R. 4173 today, here is an overview of the bill which passed in the House and is now in the Senate.
Bankers Get $4 Trillion Gift From Barney Frank
by David Reilly, Bloomberg
Here are some of the nuggets I gleaned from days spent reading Frank’s handiwork:
– For all its heft, the bill doesn’t once mention the words “too-big-to-fail,” the main issue confronting the financial system. Admitting you have a problem, as any 12- stepper knows, is the crucial first step toward recovery.
– Instead, it supports the biggest banks. It authorizes Federal Reserve banks to provide as much as $4 trillion in emergency funding the next time Wall Street crashes. So much for “no-more-bailouts” talk. That is more than twice what the Fed pumped into markets this time around. The size of the fund makes the bribes in the Senate’s health-care bill look minuscule.
– Oh, hold on, the Federal Reserve and Treasury Secretary can’t authorize these funds unless “there is at least a 99 percent likelihood that all funds and interest will be paid back.” Too bad the same models used to foresee the housing meltdown probably will be used to predict this likelihood as well.
– The bill also allows the government, in a crisis, to back financial firms’ debts. Bondholders can sleep easy — there are more bailouts to come.
– The legislation does create a council of regulators to spot risks to the financial system and big financial firms. Unfortunately this group is made up of folks who missed the problems that led to the current crisis.
– Don’t worry, this time regulators will have better tools. Six months after being created, the council will report to Congress on “whether setting up an electronic database” would be a help. Maybe they’ll even get to use that Internet thingy.
– This group, among its many powers, can restrict the ability of a financial firm to trade for its own account. Perhaps this section should be entitled, “Yes, Goldman Sachs Group Inc., we’re looking at you.”
– The bill also allows regulators to “prohibit any incentive-based payment arrangement.” In other words, banker bonuses are still in play. Maybe Bank of America Corp. and Citigroup Inc. shouldn’t have rushed to pay back Troubled Asset Relief Program funds.
– The bill kills the Office of Thrift Supervision, a toothless watchdog. Well, kill may be too strong a word. That agency and its employees will be folded into the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency. Further proof that government never really disappears.
– Since Congress isn’t cutting jobs, why not add a few more. The bill calls for more than a dozen agencies to create a position called “Director of Minority and Women Inclusion.” People in these new posts will be presidential appointees. I thought too-big-to-fail banks were the pressing issue. Turns out it’s diversity, and patronage.
– Not that the House is entirely sure of what the issues are, at least judging by the two dozen or so studies the bill authorizes. About a quarter of them relate to credit-rating companies, an area in which the legislation falls short of meaningful change. Sadly, these studies don’t tackle tough questions like whether we should just do away with ratings altogether. Here’s a tip: Do the studies, then write the legislation.
– The bill isn’t all bad, though. It creates a new Consumer Financial Protection Agency, the brainchild of Elizabeth Warren, currently head of a panel overseeing TARP. And the first director gets the cool job of designing a seal for the new agency. My suggestion: Warren riding a fiery chariot while hurling lightning bolts at Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke.
– Best of all, the bill contains a provision that, in the event of another government request for emergency aid to prop up the financial system, debate in Congress be limited to just 10 hours. Anything that can get Congress to shut up can’t be all bad.
You can read the complete article here.
- American Youth uses music to speak to Barack Obama
- breaking: John Edwards may face prison time
- Sarah Palin does the Leno Show (videos)
- Obama’s Two Faces of Reconciliation aka the Nuclear Option
- Breaking: Rangel suspends Ways and Means posts
- CNN, the most trusted name in useful idiots
- Obama’s Socialist ‘Coffee’ Party??? hahaha!!! give it your best shot, ding-dong!
- Palin attacker Tom Tancredo, A Tea Party Loose Cannon; dump this idiot now
- Rahm (via proxies) throws Obama, Gibbs, Jarrett and Axelrod under the Rahmbo Bus
- Pelosi’s Cultist Suicide Pact Recruitment Underway
- Progressives pass extension of BUSH Patriot Act, shhh… it’s supposed to be a secret hahaha
- Obama, the Nose-Picker-In-Chief on Live TV
HOT AiR: The Ed Morrissey Show: Kerry Picket, Andy McCarthy, John Randall and Breaking: Stark out, Levin in for Ways and Means chair and Is reconciliation the biggest problem in ObamaCare push? and Alert the Media: Jim Vicevich and Spain: Chavez conspired to assassinate Uribe and Lobbyists say that Ways and Means chairmanship won’t change
Dick Morris: OBAMACARE’S DEFINING MOMENT: IT’S DO OR DIE (LITERALLY) and CALL THESE SWING CONGRESSMEN ON HEALTH CARE and HIT THE PHONES AND WRITE YOUR CHECKS TO STOP OBAMACARE and CALL THESE SWING CONGRESSMEN ON HEALTH CARE
Heritage Foundry: Guest Blogger: Rep. Mac Thornberry (R-TX) on Strategic Communication and Stop the Spending Now and New China Space Milestone an Opening for the U.S. and Morning Bell: Obamacare’s Kabuki End Game and Video: What Could McDonald v. Chicago Mean for the Second Amendment? and All Rhetoric, No Reality from White House on Health Care
BigGovernment: The Constitution Matters: It Means What It Says and Stop the Madness! Stop the Corker Bank Bailout Sellout and PLA Senior Colonel: ‘The China Dream’ Means US Defeat and Let the Bribes Begin: Obama Offering Judgeships to Secure Health Care Votes and The Youth War On US and ShoreBank, Sharia Law and Bank Bailouts and and Thursday Open Thread: Corker Edition
HillBuzz: American hero Michelle Bachmann calls for investigation into White House over bribery and American hero Michelle Bachmann calls for investigation into White House over bribery and Five Reasons Sarah Palin’s Mark Burnet Deal Will Be the Most Brilliant Tactical Move in 21st Century Politics and Sarah Palin’s 2012 Presidential Campaign Update: Reality Show with Mark Burnett will be weekly hourlong campaign commerical on broadcast network
Gateway Pundit: Protest at Senator Corker’s Office Today- 1 PM CST and The More Obama Talks Health Care – The More It Sucks (Video) and Dueling Bill O’Reillys: He Was For Gun Rights Before He Was Against Gun Rights (Video) and Scott Brown on Obama’s Health Care Plan: The People Don’t Want This Political Chicanery (Video) and STOP THE MADNESS!… Stop Bob Corker & the Godawful No-Good Banking Bureaucracy Boondoggle and Democrat Eric Massa Lied… Hoyer Knew About Sexual Harassment Last Month
Sister Toldjah: Sander Levin, not Pete Stark, will be “acting” chair of HWMC and WH to Democrats: Don’t “flip flop” on HCR and The Democrat/MSM lowlight reel for Wednesday, March 3rd and The latest on Charlie the tax cheat Rangel
Nice Deb: Michele Bachmann: “What in the World is Going On in the White House”? – Calls For Investigation and The Politics of OMG WTF? and AUL Action Ad: President Obama playing Hyde and Seek on Taxpayer Funded Abortion and Pete Stark To Replace Charles Rangel on Ways and Means Committee and Video: GOP Leadership Press Conference and Shock: White House To Seize More Than 10 Million Acres and Congressmen Mike Pence and Jeb Hensarling Propose Spending Limit Amendment to the Constitution
Frugal Café: Obama’s Prez Approval Index Polling Numbers… Continue to Be Horrible at Negative 14, Similar to Failed Sitcom “Cavemen” (video) and Another Dem Incumbent Abandons Ship Obama: Rep. Eric Massa (D-NY) Won’t Seek Re-Election (video) and The Charlie Rangel “Ethics Hokey-Pokey”: First He’s Out, Then He’s Back In, Then He’s Out Again, but Charlie Says It’s “Temporary Leave of Absense” and Sarah Palin on Leno, Interview & Stand-up Comedy… Pummels Letterman in the Ratings (video) and Knock Me Over with a Feather… Fed Grand Jury about to Indict Democrat “Lying Baby Daddy” John Edwards
Michelle Malkin: Dems throw Pete Stark Raving Mad under the bus and Celebrate Women’s History Month with a review of liberal misogyny and The Chicago Way: Judgeships for Demcare votes? and Big Labor’s defeated NLRB nominee Craig Becker: He’s baaack and National security stone wall: Fox tells you what Holder won’t and Protest sign of the day: “Here comes Santa Claus”
Mad Conservative: Hate-mongering, gun brandishing, racists: the Patriot movement.
SamHenry: Members of Congress Retiring or Seeking Other Offices as of 4 March 2010 (corrected) and Lest We Forget: Dem Sen Russ Feingold’s Move Against Reconciliation and Falkland Furor is Tempest in a Tea Pot
Stampeding Elephant: What Happened to the Land of the Free? and Obama Now Selling Judgeships for Health Care Votes? and Ban All Guns Make America Safer and How Bad Is the Indoctrination in our Colleges? and Anti-Obama Sentiment Sweeps the Nation and Is Obama Trying To Bankrupt America? and Obama Calls for ‘Up or Down’ Vote on Health and “Get Educated Idiots Out of Our Kids’ Heads!